How can i maximise my frequent flyer credit card points?
There are quite a few different things that you can do to maximise your rewards, even though the amount of the points you earn will vary depending on the credit card. These methods include:
- Earning points through everyday purchases. This particular type of credit card is going to allow you to earn points as you purchase different day-to-day items like groceries or paying gas bills and others of the kind. The sooner you link the card to the actual billers, the more points you will make.
- Bonus points. There are quite a lot of different cards which offer a substantial amount of points to new customers in the first few months. These points can quickly stack up and amount hundreds of dollars.
- Using program partners. This is also something that you want to consider. Certain credit cards will partner up with different venues like airlines, fuel providers, and even some retainers. Buying from them will get you bonus points. Check the issuer of the card to see if there are providers of the kind – this can boost your rewards substantially.
- Dual credit cards of American Express. Certain card issuers will go so far to issue cards with MasterCard or Visa and with AMEX. The ANZ Frequent Flyer credit card, for instance, earns 0.5 for every $1 on your Visa and 1 point for every dollar on your AMEX.
- Using supplementary credit cards. If you request another credit card, this means that you are going to be sharing it with your partner or with someone from your family. This is a great way to boost your point earnings.
- Gold, platinum and black cards. These are all superior to regular cards. As such, they are likely to give you more points for every $1 that you spend.